Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Check Yes or No. . .

Oregon isn't even holding a primary election today yet I've been glued to the computer hitting refresh on CNN.com waiting for the results of Super Tuesday to come rolling in. I watch as the percentage of votes rise and the check marks appear projecting the winner of each state. I even signed up for CNN's Political Market which is a virtual stock market based on your predictions of the ongoing presidential race. Yes, I'm a geek and I accept that, but I can't help it. There is something about the politcal process, something about watching a country of 300 million people peacfully cast their ballots to pick a leader of their country from canididates that include varying genders, ethnic backgrounds, religious affiliations and political factions all without a single incident of violence. That in itself is mesmerizing to me.

No comments: