Monday, February 23, 2009

Facts Of Life

After months of doing our best to paint the simple act of using the toilet as something only slightly less rewarding than bathing in chocolate syrup, Jamie finally decided that using the big open hole of a toilet was better than crouching in the corner and shitting your own pants. But it wasn't stickers or pennies or star charts that finally convinced her of the benefits of basic human hygiene. In the end, it was just a simple conversation about some undeniable facts of life.


Jamie, you have to sit down to go potty, like mommy does.



No, I don't. I can stand up.


No, sweetie you can't, girls have to sit down.


Yes, I caaaaan! I can stand up like Adam.


I'm sorry, honey but you can't.


Yes, I CAAAAAN! I HAVE A PENIS!!!


No, honey you don't. You're on the girls team. You're on the girls team with Mommy and Grandma and Kim and Lindi and Kayla and Brooklyn and Nana. We're all girls and we all have to sit down to go potty.


Oh. Okay. I need to go potty now.


No comments: