Monday, April 06, 2009

Longing To Be Toothless

By the grace of God and the strength of spit Adam's front tooth is still hanging on. And one of those two things is apparently pretty strong because even though it is hanging at such an angle that people actually think he has already lost it, this little baby tooth has held on through all kinds of tugs and twists.
Adam is anxious to get it out. In part, simply for the monetary reward that the tooth holds, but also for the status it holds at school, He longs to be the latest kid with the nerve to rip another piece of babyhood from their body, tossing it to the side as if to say, "Yeah, that's right (spit), I pulled my own tooth (spit). You should have seen me last week when when a third grader tried to take my lunch and I removed his spleen with a spoon (spit)."

Just don't tell anybody he cries when his little sister pinches him.

No comments: