Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Filling In Each Other's Paint-By-Numbers


Tonight Damonn and I are getting a little adult time out on the town and as an early anniversary gift to each other, we are heading downtown to the Schnitz to take in a Jackson Browne concert. We both love his music and although Damonn has been to a couple of concerts of his before, this is the first time going together. And there is no better place to see an artist than the Schnitz. It is small, intimate and has great acoustics. It really is the next best thing to having a private concert.

I’ve embedded this video of his song, The Pretender (from his 1976 album of the same name). It is one of our favorites and to Damonn and me this has become kind of a theme song of life. Managing hopes, dreams and the daily grind and doing it all with a person you love.



Damonn – Thank you for being the person who fills in the colors of my paint-by-number. There is no other person I’d want painting this family portrait with me more than you. Happy 9th anniversary, I love you!

No comments: